Tuesday, September 12, 2023

6 Australians and Glory moments: author's presentation


6 Australianspublished in October 2020, recounts the magical bond between a teenager from a village in southern Tuscany and the Australian band INXS, led by the charismatic and beloved Michael Hutchence. It's a journey of just over ten years (from 1986 to 1997) into the wonders of memory, music, history, geology and beautiful landscapes.
"Slowly but surely, that diary I’d started from scratch turned into something more complex.
Youth memories started unraveling and instances of joy, laughter, friendship, camaraderie and love came to light".


Glory momentspublished in June 2023,  maintains the narrative characteristics of 6 Australians: the opportunity to arrange old drawings and photographs triggers a process of focusing on the past, and the memory of loved ones, amusing stories, impressions and the connection to legendary figures such as Marilyn Monroe, Clark Gable, Gilles Villeneuve and Michael Hutchence resurface. 

"When, among the thousands of images you glimpse on the horizon, one calls out to you and captures your attention, there is the unveiling of the truth: you can understand your nature, the reason for your choices in life and enjoy that sense of fullness that makes you happy".


6 comments:

  1. Hi Steve. What a nice surprise is this blog page!

    By the way, thank-you for your beautiful books, exuding great style and elegance, passion and sensibility.

    Each page of “6 Australians” touched me deeply, brought me back in time to wonderful moments of my youth. Your memories are beautiful and your quotes on Michael are extremely delicate…

    I also greatly enjoyed “Glory moments”. It is a pleasant and touching, perhaps somewhat nostalgic book, which reveals your sensible and unselfish attitude.

    All the best,
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Alessandra,
    you're the first to leave a comment (!!) and I'll let you know that you have won a metallic green Lamborghini Huracán!
    Jokes aside, thank you for visiting this blog page and for your fantastic appreciation of both books. I will soon try to insert content or some element of reflection, so come back to visit me in this virtual living room. Best regards, Stefano (Steve)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stefano. I highly appreciated your book 6 Australians. It’s very nice. Your narrative style is captivating and engaging. I look forward to reading Glory moments.
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Deborah, I'm very pleased you liked "6 Australians", as you already told me in the wonderful review on FB page! For you, who are the second to write on the blog, the prize is an electric Fiat 500! Best regards

      Delete
  4. I read 6 Australians, good book. I need to get busy and read, Glory Moments. Hope you write more books. Best of luck with your new blog . ~Michelle~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In 6 Australians I got a big hand from Michael Hutchence, without a doubt. He always inspired me and brought out the best of me. In Glory moments I had to roll up my sleeves and do it by myself... even if Michael appears there too! I honestly hope you like it as much but it's a little early to say now! Thank you anyway for your appreciation and trust.

      Delete

Ardesia. Free thoughts about LOVE from Richard and Ange

  “I'm not so clear on the concept of love; there are so many variables that come into play ... such as passion, respect, admiration, ro...